I finally decided to take the plunge and purchase one of the natural girl’s favourites, Kinky Curly Knot Today. I’ve heard a lot about this product and this line. I currently use their Come Clean cleanser, which works great as it cleanses without drying my hair out. A lot of people use this product as a deep conditioner and a moisturizing detangler.
Here’s what the product says:
“… This creamy herbal conditioner is enriched with botanical extracts and is designed to smooth the cuticle and to remove knots, snarls and tangles from thick curly hair.”
This is a cruelty-free, organic, nourishing concoction in a bottle!!! I love this product. I think it runs neck and neck with my all time favourite, Oyin’s Honey Hemp Conditioner. The ingredients list reads like a who’s who of wholesome, natural hair products:
- Organic mango fruit extract – naturally occurring,used for conditioning properties
- Organic slippery elm – slippery!! great detangling agent
- Organic marshmallow root – conditioner and detangler
- Organic lemongrass – adds shine to hair and anti-microbial
- cetyl alcohol – it’s an alcohol, but it’s among other things, an emollient, which softens and smoothes hair and skin
- Behentrimonium methosulphate – very mild compound which has superior detangling properties
- citric acid – natural preservative
- phenoxyethanol – organic antibacterial
- natural fragrance
This product is worth the $$$$, it made detangling with a wide-tooth comb a breeze and added moisture to my hair. My hair was super smooth afterwards. Another good thing about this product, it’s also a leave-in conditioner. So after washing with the Come Clean and detangling with the Knot Today, I rinsed and added a little bit of the Knot Today again. This product helped keep my coils defined.
The only downside, is the price. At about $12 for an 8 oz. bottle, it’s pricey, but for me it’s worth it.
This will be in rotation, but I think I’ll use it every 2 weeks and use my Aubrey Organics in between for moisture.
Overall Grade: A!
Knot Today is sold at Body Beautiful on D’Avenue in Trinidad & at Ricky’s in New York and Whole Foods.