Winged liner. One of the most requested and desired makeup looks. It was one of the first things I taught myself how to do when I was really getting into makeup. There are many different ways that you can draw that perfect ‘cat-eye’ and it is the best way to completely change your look and eye shape. A good winged eye, as with any other makeup look, is much easier to achieve with great tools. That does not mean you have to buy the most expensive brushes, but find tools that you can afford and allows you to achieve the look that you are going for.
When I was learning how to draw on liner, I initially started with pencils. I quickly moved to liquid liner with a felt tip. Then I started using cake and gel liners. I love playing with the different textures and achieving different effects. This video and post are about the different types of brushes that you can use to apply gel and cake eyeliners. What I am trying to convey is that it is not necessarily important to buy a certain brand, but look at the various options you have, experiment and pick a brush that makes it easy for you to use.
Best Eyeliner Brushes – TIPS
- Look for synthetic brushes as they work better with wetter products like gels. Natural hairs are fine but they may break while using.
- Look for thinner brushes. This allows you to get really close to the lashline.
Best Eyeliner Brushes – VIDEO
Best Eyeliner Brushes – TYPES
- Angled Eyeliner Brush – shown M.A.C. #263
- Pointed Eyeliner Brush – Straight and Bent – shown Make Up For Ever 1N and Sonia Kashuk Bent Liner Brush (these are 2 types!)
- Flat Top Eyeliner Brush – shown M.A.C. #212
- Paddle Shaped Eyeliner Brush – shown M.A.C. #231
Best Eyeliner Brushes – PHOTOS
Let me know what is your favourite brush to use to create your winged liner? Check out the video to see which is my fave!
If you liked this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated makeup, haircare & skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!
FTC Disclosure: Products were purchased by me, Noire Tropical Beauty. All opinions expressed are 100% honest and my own. I have not been compensated for this review. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
The following links are affiliate links. If you sign up using these links, I will get a small percentage of a purchase and/or referral credit. These links provide discounts or cashback, when available. There is no requirement or obligation to use these links. If you need more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Join Honey – use this to find discounts on sites visited joinhoney.com/ref/qpwfsu
- Ebates – use this to get cashback online or in-stores on select, qualifying purchases https://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EGx%2B1ltzid8P9uPThgCQxA%3D%3D&eeid=29041