I finally got the already cult classic, the Urban Decay Naked Palette! Super excited!!! This palette came out I think in the summer of 2010, and it flew off the shelves like hot bread!! Folks are hawking it on Ebay for hundreds of dollars already. Now, before I go any further…..
this palette is PERMANENT!
No need to sell your soul or anything. Urban Decay has been having a hard time keeping this item in stock, sold out online or at Sephora. So what’s so special about this palette?
First, the packaging is simple and sleek. The thin profile makes it easy to travel with and the dark chocolate brown velvet with gold lettering packaging is very easy on the eyes. I really like look. Usually the packaging is more funky or eclectic, but this is very grown-up and sophisticated.
Inside are 12 full-sized shades, a mirror and a dual-ended pencil.
The kit also comes with a mini UD Primer Potion. And at $44, this is a steal of a deal!!! I have been wearing this every single day to work, for months. It’s that good!!! This palette contains some great neutrals, well-pigmented, a mix of mattes, shimmers and glitters and from light champagnes to dusty greys. Since these products are vegan, they could also be used wet for a more intense effect!
Here’s a look inside:
- Virgin – a shimmery, pale pinky beige. This is a little on the frosty side, and I have used this as a highlight colour, so be careful if you have darker skin like me.
- Sin – a pink champagne. This is a permanent colour.
- Naked – a dark beige with a hint of brown. A matte colour! I was really excited for this because I have few neutrals and even fewer mattes.
- Sidecar – a cool-toned champagne with dark pink undertones. This is a shimmer mixed with a chunky glitter that falls on your cheeks. This is the only colour that I had probs with.
- Buck – midtone matte brown. Similar to M.A.C.’s Handwritten (but a little lighter). Great transition and crease colour. Really nice texture.
- Half Baked – One of UD’s classic colours. Appears in every palette and is a permanent colour. A shimmery, light bronze. Beautiful colour.
- Smog – Another classic, permanent colour. A darkened, shimmery bronze.
- Darkhorse – A shimmery dark chocolate brown. Beautiful!
- Toasted – a shimmery, neutral light pink. Permanent.
- Hustle – shimmery blackened burgundy.
- Creep – shimmery blackened grey with a hint of blue. Would make a great smokey eye!
- Gunmetal – shimmery dark grey. Permanent.
The palette also comes with a dual-ended pencil, one side is Zero – their standard black, shimmer-free pencil and Whiskey – a shimmer-free midtone brown pencil. Whiskey only appears in this palette.
Overall rating: A!
This is one of my products of the year. I think this is a must have!! If you are a collector of UD palettes then you are going to get a lot of overlap with certain colours, but since this was my first palette, I was glad to get some of the classics! This was well done and a great value. I am definitely recommending this!! A few looks and swatches coming soon!!!