This is my last installment of my Carnival looks, inspired by the presentations for 2010! Today is Fantastic Friday in Trinidad and Tobago and de place is hot like fire!!! Tonight is the Soca and the Groovy Soca Monarch Finals as well as Blue Range Cooler Fete, so there’s lots to do!!!
Back to the looks….
I decided for my final look, to use teals/blues/greens which are very popular colours for Carnival costumes and look amazing under the Caribbean sun!
My main inspiration came from Tribe’s section called Zari, which ‘is a type of thread made of precious fine wire and it is the main material used in making saris and ghararas’.
Gorge!!!!!!!! I certainly won’t be able to wear that bikini but its still amazing anyway!!!
Because of the colours, this look could also be worn with this costume, Mulberry.
This is one of my favourites!!! Lime green with pink and dark green jewels. And I love the waistband/bikini bottom!!!!!
It is said that the larvae that feed on the Mulberry tree produce some of the finest silk!
Lastly, if your costume is black and white, like this one, Eri, who says that you can’t wear come colour.
Black, grey, silver and white, very cool yet very hot!!!!
Eri is a unique silk spun from open-ended cocoons. Here’s another shot…
Here’s the look I came up with…..
It’s bright, colourful and works well with a lot of costumes. This look requires a decent amount of blending to make sure the transitions from one colour to the other is seamless.
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (white base)
- NARS Single Cream Eye shadow in Silent Night (shimmery muted gold)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Waternymph (light turquoise with gold shimmer)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Cool Heat (bright, deep turquoise)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Blue Flame (dark denim blue,dupe –> Deep Truth)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Cork (matte midtone brown, or any colour that is close to your skintone)
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel eye liner in Black Ink
- Givenchy Phenom’Eyes mascara in Phenom’Black
- M.A.C. Kohl Power eye liner in Feline (sooty black)
- M.A.C. Eye Kohl in Minted (bright, deep emerald green)
- M.A.C. Technakohl Liner in SmoothBlue (shimmery deep blue, dupe –> MUFE 12L)
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Mediterranee (pale gold side)
- NARS Single Eye Shadow in Tropic (matte dark teal with silver flecks)
- M.A.C. Beauty Powder Blush in Serenely (brownish red)
- M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) in Warm Blend (bronzer)
- M.A.C. lip liner in Chestnut (brown)
- M.A.C. Plushglass in Wet, Wild and Wonderful (bronze shimmer)
- M.A.C. brushes in 129, 212, 217, 219, 224, 226, 239
- Apply TFSI to the entire upper and lower lid using ring finger
- Apply Milk to the upper eyelid
- Use #239 and apply NARS Silent Night to the inner lid, in a patting motion
- Use #224, apply Waternymph to the middle of the lid, up to the crease, just in line with the irises of the eye. Blend well with the gold. Use a small amount as this is a transition colour for the next colour
- Using # 217, apply Cool Heat to the outer third of the upper lid, up to the crease and buff it out pass the crease. Blend well into the Waternymph using soft, circular strokes.
- Using # 226, apply a thin line of Blue Flame to the crease, two-thirds of the way in, and blend out towards the browbone. This deepens the crease.
- Use #224, apply Cork above the crease and blend into the browbone. This is to soften the blues/teals as the move further away from the crease.
- Apply the Bobbi Brown liner to the upper lashline using the # 212 brush
- Using the #219 brush, apply the gold shade from Mediterranee to the inner third of the lower lashline.
- Using again the #219, apply Tropic to the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline and smudge out
- Apply a mix of Minted and Smoothblue to the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline and smudge out
- Apply Feline to the entire lower waterline
- Apply 2-3 coats of mascara
- Apply Serenely blush to the cheekbone, using 129 brush
- Apply Warm Blend as a highlight using # 129 brush
- Apply Chestnut lipliner and fill in with Wet, Wild and Wonderful
- That’s it!!!!
Ready to take it to the streets!!!!! Of course, add lashes and jewels as needed!
Side note: Anybody going to be around for Carnival this year?? Looking to play J’Ouvert???
Join us for Dirty Dozen J’Ouvert – 12 Ingredients To An Unforgettable J’Ouvert Experience!!
For the 12 Ingredients and more information, link up @ www.DirtyDozenJouvert.com or Twitter @ DtyDozenJouvert
All photos courtesy Tribe.
please don’t use these photos without permission