I’m here with another look for Carnival 2010. This time I chose yellow as a theme and again went back to Tribe for my yellow selection of choice. Xi Ling Shi is Tribe’s offering and according to the website, Xi Ling Shi ‘was a legendary Chinese empress and the wife of the Yellow Emperor who discovered silk and invented the silk loom thousands of years ago’. Again, gorgeous costume!!
Island People Mas also has an offering in yellow from their 2010 presentation, Kutchela. Theirs is called Mudra, which ‘speaks of the importance of non-verbal communication among people’. Island People’s explanation continues, ‘ With its clinical meaning given as hand gestures, it is the essence of what is captured and related through use of the limbs that is in its profoundest meaning- that of the story of life’.
And here’s my look!
A simpler one than the last one. Very shimmery! I used a technique called cutting the crease, which just emphasizes and accentuates the crease.
- M.A.C. Brushed Metal X Cream eye shadow in Material Gold (pale gold)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Bright Future (bright yellow)
- M.A.C. pigment in Golden Lemon (shimmery bright golden yellow)
- M.A.C. Mineralized Eye Shadow in Illusionary/Burning Ambition (shimmery chocolate/shimmery white gold)
- M.A.C. Mineralized Eye Shadow in Natural Flare (shimmery deep dark brown)
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Signed, Sealed (matte chocolate brown)
- NARS Duo Eye Shadow in Mediteranee (light peachy gold side)
- M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Waternymph (midtone bright shimmery teal)
- M.A.C. Fluidline in Blacktrack
- Givenchy Phenomen’Eyes Mascara in Phenomen’ Black
- M.A.C. Lustreglass in Tranceplant (shimmery reddish brown)
- M.A.C. Lustreglass in Beaux (light shimmery champagne brown)
- M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Chestnut
- M.A.C. Kohl Power Eye Liner Pencil in Feline (matte pitch black)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eye pencil in 12L (bright teal blue)
- M.A.C. brushes 239, 217, 224, 242, 226
- Apply TFSI all over upper and lower eyelid using your ring finger
- Using a short, stiff shader brush like the 239, apply a layer of the Material Gold Metal X Cream Eye Shadow to the inner and outer upper lid, leaving the middle bare. Use soft, strokes.
- Using the 242 brush, apply Bright Future to the middle lid. This will be the base to intensify the next colour. Blend well into the Material Gold using circular strokes.
- Using the 217 brush, apply the Golden Lemon pigment over the Bright Future and blend well into crease. The yellow color’s placement should be over the iris.
- Now we are are going to cut the crease. Using the 266 brush, draw a line, from the outer crease of the eye all along, 3/4 of the way to the inner corner. Use Signed, Sealed to create this line. This should be a thick line in the crease.
- Also, define the ‘V’ of the outer eye using the same 266 and Signed, Sealed . Draw a line from the outer crease to the outer corner of the eye.
- Using the dark brown shade in the Natural Flare MES, blend out that crease line, using soft, circular strokes moving away from the crease to the brown bone. Use the 224 brush
- Using the 224 and the chocolate shade from the Illusionary/ Burning Ambition MES (which is a little lighter than the previous shade) and further blend out the crease.
- Apply the light shade from the Illusionary/ Burning Ambition MES on the browbone. Use the 224 brush.
- Apply the light gold shade from the NARS Mediteranee duo to the inner third of the lower lashline, using the 226 brush
- Apply the dark brown shade from the Natural Flare MES to the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline and blend into the upper lashline
- Apply Blacktrack Fluidline to the upper lashline, and wing it out for added drama
- Apply MUFE 12L pencil to the middle lower waterline and then take 242 brush and blend out that line to smoke out the look using Waternymph eye shadow.
- Apply Feline to the lower water line
- Line the lips with Chestnut lipliner
- Apply Tranceplant Lustreglass
- Apply Beaux to the centre of the upper and lower lips
- Apply mascara to upper and lower lids
And that’s the look!!!!
Later on I added some NARS Crazed blush. This look can be customized with additional sequins.
please do not copy my images without my permission