So in celebration of the amazing warm weather we’ve been having, I decided to make use of one of my favourite colours of the season, coral. Honestly, I don’t know why it took me so long to discover this colour. I think it had something to do with a wedding that I was in as a child, and had to wear the MOST hideous peach bridesmaid dress ever…..and the makeup was just wrong…..sigh….
So I was browsing the M.A.C. website and was looking at the face charts that they published for the collection.
I was instantly drawn to this stunning coral look, with a shot of turquoise along the waterline. I loved it! Coincidentally, oranges and blues are complementary and look amazing together in the right proportion. So the coral makes the turquoise liner pop even more!!!! A great summer look!!!!
I may repeat this look soon, so I’ll try to take better pics!
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Warming Trend (LE) – or any beige, champagne colour
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Firecracker (LE) – a fire bright coral orange – Hot, Hot, Hot is s a close dupe
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Cork – a neutral brown with minimal shimmer
- MUFE eye liner in 12L – bright teal liner – M.A.C.’s Float On By is a close dupe
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Waternymph (LE) – a bright, shimmery midtone golden teal
- M.A.C. Fluidline in Blacktrack
- Givenchy Magic Kajal in Black
- Lancome Hypnose Drama in Excessive Black
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral
- M.A.C. Mineralize Blush in Merrily (LE) – a burnt orange mixed with shimmery gold – NARS Crazed is like this one except it’s more of a blush colour
- Anita Grant Lippy Pucker in Dark Chocolate Mint
- 224, 231, 131 M.A.C. brushes
- Apply TFSI or other primer all over lid
- Using 224 brush, apply Warming Trend to the inner 2/3 of upper eyelid in a patting motion
- Using 224, sweep Firecracker onto the outer eyelid and blend into the crease, making the heaviest application on the outer part of eye. Sweep Firecracker slightly past the crease
- Apply Cork above the Firecracker to soften edges and blend onto browbone
- Line upper lashline with Blacktrack and 231 brush (or other slanted brush)
- Line the lower lashline with eye pencil
- Tightline the upper and lower lashline with MUFE’s 12L. Tightlining is the lining of the waterlines. Lining the upper waterline is optional ‘cuz it’s more difficult
- Apply Waternymph over the 12L to intensify the colour
- Apply mascara
- Apply a few dots of Calypso Coral to apple of the cheeks and blend onto cheekbone
- Lightly dust Merrily, using 131, to apples for additional glow
- Apply balm
Have a great weekend!
FTC Disclosure: All products bought by Noire Tropical Beauty. For more information, please visit my Disclosure page.