So I attended the launch of the NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection at the NARS boutique on Bleecker Street, and I was instantly drawn to the intense, saturated colours, especially for a holiday collection! This limited edition collection features a new/special texture that appears in this collection only called Cinematic. Actually it’s just they eye shadows and lipsticks, which allows them to be buttery smooth and highly pigmented at the same time. NARS has amazing quality products to begin with but this just kicked the level up a few more notches.
Anyway, I don’t have a lot (or any as a matter of fact) copper-toned eye shadows, so I picked up this gorgeous colour Cambodia.
Très riche!! A beautiful coppery, reddish brown colour! Actually this texture reminds me of the previously released MAC Starflash texture. Very finely milled, but pigmented and smooth.
So for this look, I decided to also combine my favourite eye shadow from the summer as well incorporating a little colour theory.
Here’s the look, that I previously posted on Instagram! Follow me here —-> NoireTropicalB
- For the brows, I just applied some brow wax from NYX (Brow Shaper) to tame them a bit.
- I then applied the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer all over the lid, using my ring finger
- I started at the crease, using Sigma E25 brush, which is a fluffy, dense eye shadow brush (could also use MAC #217), I applied a matte, medium red-brown eye shadow from the Inglot Rainbow eye shadow #102R (the middle shade) in the crease and slightly above the crease. This will provide smooth transitions for the other colours.
- Then, using the same brush, I applied the darker shade from the #102R in the outer part of the crease, to deepen the look and to add dimension.
- I added a peach, matte eye shadow above the crease up to the brow bone to highlight the look, using again a fluffy eye shadow brush
- On the inner corner of the upper eyelid, I applied a gorgeous, shimmery midtone peach, Urban Decay’s Freelove using a flat, shadow brush like M.A.C. #239 or Royal & Langnickel BX-75. Pat this colour on the lid for maximum application.
- Next, using the same flat brush, I applied NARS Cambodia to the middle and outer eyelid. I used a clean #217 brush to make sure that I blend the lid colour into to crease for a seamless transition.
- I also applied some of the Cambodia along the lower lash line using the #239 brush
- For liner, I used Make Up For Ever Aqua Black along the upper lash line using a thin, synthetic brush
- Along the lower lash line, I used a bright, shimmery blue-toned purple liner from Laura Mercier, Purple Sapphire Kohl Eye Pencil, all along the lower lash line and waterline. I later added a little black liner to the outer part of the lower waterline.
- For mascara, I used Le Volume De Chanel mascara on the upper lashes.
- For the lower lashes, I layered black mascara, then Maybelline Limited Edition I See Blue mascara. This makes the blue colour really pop on the lashes!
- Finally, I kept it simple and peachy on the cheeks and lips. Becca Cosmetics Beach Tint on the cheeks, which is a reddish-coral cream blush and from NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies.
That’s it! This is perfect to match the changing leaves…..or on a day in the waning year, listening to parang!
Related articles: NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday launch
[…] Becca Cosmetics Beach Tint Water-Resistant Colour for Cheek and Lips in Peach […]
I’m not sure why I didn’t know about this eyeshadow. LOL. This is so pretty, Nerissa!!!
It’s very very pretty! And the texture is so soft but not powdery. Similar in colour to MAC’s Coppering. I hope NARS mAkes this Cinematic texture perm!
Wow Nerissa!!!! You look amazing!!!
That color is soooo pretty
Amina! How are you?? Thank you so much! I love it!!
love the natural spice colour and that glow is sweet