This is my first look of the day for 2011 and it’s a stunning one!!
Last week, my Middle Eastern dance instructor, Jannelle, was invited to perform at the surprise 40th birthday party for Mary J. Blige!!!!!!!!!
I was trilled and privileged at the opportunity to do her makeup at the event! I immediately started thinking about the look. An event like that, with all the movers and shakers in the music industry, requires more than just a smoky eye. You have to bring it!!!
The theme of the event was Arabic-inspired and I wanted more than just kohl-lined, winged liner. I drew inspiration from Eman and Scandalous Beauty and decided on a glittery look. Jannelle also wore a gold, sparkly costume and I wanted something to match. This is a great look for performance especially in situations where there is not a lot of bright lighting so that you are drawn to the dancers eyes. Could also be used for a Carnival look. I also paired it with a red lip and a hit of shimmer. Btw, I have found an amazing red that everyone can wear – Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in Moulin Rouge (#43)! Separate post on that coming soon! Using glitters was stepping out of my zone, but makeup is all about not being afraid to try something new. One note: If you are going to use glitters, especially on the eyes, make sure it is cosmetic-grade, which is milled fine enough and won’t scratch your eyes.
Anyway, here is the final look!
- Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD Microperfecting Primer in Neutral and Green
- M.A.C. Face and Body Foundation in C4
- MUFE HD Microfinish Powder
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NARS Duo Eye Shadow in Mediteranee (light, champagne side) – inner lid
- MUFE Metal Powder in Maize Gold (#2) – middle lid, applied wet
- M.A.C. Mineralize Eye Shadow Trio in Interview (shimmery, chocolate brown side) – outer lid
- Urban Decay eye shadow in Darkhorse – outer lid
- M.A.C. eye shadow in Cork – Crease to blend
- Urban Decay eye shadow in Virgin – highlight
- MUFE Diamond Powder in Gold 16 – all over the entire lid, applied wet with M.A.C. Fix+ (also added some to the middle of the lip)
- MUFE Glitter in Sand 11 – all over the entire lid, applied wet with M.A.C. Fix+
- M.A.C. Fluidline in Blacktrack – entire top lashline and bottom waterline, winged out
- Clinique Lash Power mascara in Black Onyx
- Ardell Demi Wispies lashes
- Iman Sheer Finish Bronzing Powder in Afterglow – Bronze side as a cheek contour
- M.A.C. Mineralize Blush in Merrily
- M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish in Warm Blend
- M.A.C. Burgundy lip pencil
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge
- M.A.C. Venetian lipglass
Some more pics!
For more information on Jannelle and for bookings:
Remarkable! Its really awesome paragraph, I
have got much clear idea about from this post.
[…] glamorous, without being over the top. It was actually similar to a look that I did on Jannelle here, but with updated technique. This would be a good Labour Day/Carnival look, and it’s actually […]
[…] LOTD: Glittery, bronzey, Arabic-inspired look!! […]
Great eye Nerissa! Can’t wait to work that look!
Glad you liked it Jess! Coming soon!