So the holiday season is now in full swing and I am sure that many of you are very busy shopping, partying, fete-in’ and parang-in’!! So here is a simple, festive holiday makeup look.
Not too bright, but there is a pop of burgundy colour. Bright burgundy can s be difficult to wear as it can make you look ill, but adding some neutrals make this very wearable. This can be worn in the daytime and intensified for night as well…Hope you enjoy!
- OCC Loose Colour in Auric (light yellow gold)
- Paula Dorf Eye Colour Gimmers in Wild Fire (midtone burgundy) (good substitue: M.A.C. eyeshadow in Cranberry)
- M.A.C. MES in Illusionary/Burning Ambition (shimmery chocolate side)
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara in Very Black
- M.A.C. Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Raven (blackened reddish brown)
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- M.A.C. brushes in # 224, 227, 266
- Apply TFSI to entire eyelid area using ring finger
- Starting with the crease, OCC Loose Colour in Auric to the entire crease area from inner to outer eye, blending upwards towards the browbone using the #224. Blend well using soft circular motions.
- Next apply the Paula Dorf colour to the entire eyelid, from lashline to the crease, using the 227 brush. Concentrate the colour in the middle of the eyelid and blend outward. The idea here is the make the colour most intense in the centre of the eyelid and the colour softens towards the crease, inner and outer lids. To blend, use soft circular motions.
- To soften the Wild Fire even more, using the 224 brush, apply the chocolate brown shade from the MES duo (I think that’s the Burning Ambition colour) to the inner third of the eye. Blend into the crease.
- Apply the gel liner to the upper lashline using t 266 brush. Apply a little of the gel liner to the outer half the of lower lashline.
- Apply Raven liner to the entire lower waterline
- Apply mascara to the upper and lower lashes
To complete this look, use a soft pink blush, with a low shimmer and a soft pink or nude lipgloss/lipstick.