I have a love-hate thing with Rihanna. I still don’t think she has a great voice, but her songwriters? Boss! And I love her take no prisoners attitude. She lives her life on her own terms and I can roll with that! She recently appears in a new hit, in collaboration with DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller. DJ Khaled sampled a portion of the song ‘Maria Maria’ by Carlos Santana. But RiRi and crew flipped it, Caribbeanised it and made it fresh again. The video is fire! Rihanna’s makeup is fire! Reminds me a lot of a few of her other videos featuring Jamaican/Caribbean dancehall scenes. It took me a long time to figure out what she was saying – ‘Wha Wha Wha Tho’ – that’s what I heard.
This post is about one of her hottest looks.
The one with her wearing that sexy emerald green see-through ruffled dress, turquoise eyes and a red lip. This is an example doing a bold eye and a bold lip with much success. Don’t make the look too complicated or involved.
I had fun with this look. I used a mix of drugstore and more expensive makeup. And of course there is a video with the exact steps!
Rihanna Makeup Tutorial for ‘Wild Thoughts’ – Product Details
- Glossier Boy Brow in Black
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 05
- M.A.C. Prep & Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
- SheaMoisture Cosmetics Ultra Smooth Long Wear Eye Pencils in Teal & Turquoise
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Extra Long Lasting Waterproof Eye Pencil in S-20
- (Substitute: Ruby Kisses Eye Shadow Duo in Blue Ocean Brownie)
- Mehron Precious Gem Powders in Sapphire, Turquoise & Aquamarine
- Nurturing Force Seal The Deal Eyes Mixer Fixer
- Make Up For Ever Eye Shadow in M-608
- M.A.C. Cork Eye Shadow
- Smith Cosmetics Quill Crease Small Eye Shadow Blending Brush #230
- Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter Stack – Blurr
- MUD Mixing Palette and Palette Knife
- M.A.C. #242 Brush
- Cozzette Eye Shadow Blending brush in S-175
- NARS Cosmetics Eye Paint in Black Valley
- M.A.C. Angle Brush #263/266
- M.A.C Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
- Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara
- Elevation Lashes by Danessa Myricks in Thrive 01
- Lock-On Lash Super Bonding Adhesive Latex-Free in Black
- Melanie Mills Hollywood Gleam Body Radiance in Peach Deluxe w/SonjdraDeluxe
- MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in R530
- RCMA The Original No-Color Powder
- Sephora PRO Featherweight Blending Brush #93
- M.A.C. Powder Blush in Sweet As Cocoa
- M.A.C. Blush Brush #129
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
- M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in Lady Danger
- Sacha Cosmetics Intense Matte Lip Velvet in Life of D’Party
- (Substitute: Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix Matte X in Bootie)
Rihanna Makeup Tutorial for ‘Wild Thoughts’ – Video
What do you think? Do you like this new song?
If you liked this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated makeup, haircare & skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!