Carnival is mas!!!….Water and powder…..We go paint de town BLUE!!! J’ouvert mornin’…..
The sweet refrains of Carnival in Trinidad & Tobago!! Yes people, is that time of year! Iz Carnival time! As well as Carnaval in Brazil and New Orleans Mardi Gras.
Here’s a carnival inspired look. It’s all about the glitter!! Great even for kids and great for when you want to add a little sumtin, sumtin to the face!
- If you are wearing foundation, apply it now, as it would be easier. And definitely apply lots of sunscreen. For this look, I used Sleek Makeup be beautiful Blemish Balm Full Coverage Blemish Balm Cream with SPF 15 in Dark 804. I used my fingers to apply. A review on this soon!
- For the brows, I used Senna Brow Shaper Duo in Ebony Duo with the Senna Brow 1 brush. Love these products. These are my go to! Review on that soon too!
- Then I used NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over the upper eye lid
- Using Milani Liquif’Eye metallic eye liner pencil in Brown (which is a matte dark brown pencil) to sketch out just above the crease, from inner 1/3 to the outer corner and winged out. Then draw a connecting line from to the corner of the eye to create a triangular shape.
- Apply NARS Mediteranee eye shadow (the shimmery burnt orange side) just above the brown liner to slightly soften the line and blend out to the brow bone using a flat stiff brush like M.A.C.’s 242
- M.A.C’s Brushed Metal-X Cream Shadow in Material Gold (a pinky, shimmery champagne) applied all over the lid, completely covering the inside of the triangle created, using the Sigma P82, small round kabuki shadow brush
- To set the Material Gold, use the light gold side of NARS Mediteranee using the P82 brush
- In the outer lid of the eye, apply a medium-dark brown shimmer eye shadow, like M.A.C.’s Mineralize Eye Shadow in Inter-View, used the Sigma E25 (a fluffy blending eye shadow brush)
- On the outer corner of the eye into the corner of the triangle, apply a dark shimmery shadow. I used Urban Decay’s Darkhorse from the Naked palette, using M.A.C’s 227, a pointed eye shadow brush or Sigma’s E45
- Line the upper lashline in a winged cat eye shape, using Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow using M.A.C. #263 small angled liner brush or Sigma E65. Also line the lower waterline
- Line the lower lashline with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Smog (a shimmery dark, brownish-gold colour
- Now for the glitter!
- Using Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base as the adhesive for the glitter. This one is water based and comes off quite easily. For jumpin’ on de road, use their waterproof version.
- Using fingers or a fan brush, I applied glitter along the outer perimeter of the face, forehead and cheeks. I used Lit Cosmetics glitter in Beach Baby #2 (light champagne glitter) closest to the lower lashline and faded down onto the cheeks into OCC’s Glitter in Pink, which faded into the lower part of the cheek to Lit’s Glitter in Kiss #3 (a ruby red glitter)
- I applied Sephora’s Outrageous Volume mascara to upper and lower lashes and used Matesse Elite lashes in #1112
- I slightly contoured my cheeks with a dark brown matte eye shadow like M.A.C.’s Signed, Sealed using a fluffy eye shadow brush like M.A.C.’s #224 or Sigma’s
- On the lips, I kept it neutral. M.A.C. Chestnut lipliner (brown), NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London and M.A.C. Lipglass in Beaux
Check out inexpensive makeup brushes from Sigma Beauty!! Use code BASE2013 the entire month of February for 10% off your entire purchase!
We on de road!!!