As I watched the rain pelting down in Port-of-Spain, as 2009 slowly draws to a close, I began to think about all the wonderful and not so wonderful things that have come out in the past year. In a tough economic climate, I had to be very selective about the products that I purchased. I cut down A LOT on my spending on makeup, haircare and bodycare. So here are the things that survived the cut in 2009 and that I thought were great products.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto
- M.A.C. Mineralized Eye Shadow in Cinderfella (They did a really great job at this formula, it’s perfect for a festive Old Year’s/New Year’s fete!)
- M.A.C. Greasepaint Paintstick
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Uber
- NARS Blush in Crazed
- Kinky Curly Come Clean
- Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
- Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
- And all that purple that reigned!!! (Seriously, I have an all purple wardrobe complete with matching makeup and nail colour!)
- All of Zoya’s MatteVelvet polishes
So my list is kinda short, but I’ll fix that in 2010!!!! I definitely hope that I could branch out even more and discover more brands especially natural/organic ones!
So what made your list in 2009??? What do you hope the companies come out with in 2010?
Have a great Old Year’s, fete hard but be safe!!!
Love the blog……looking forward to some tips on video 2k10!!!!