So have have not been buying a lot of products as of late, but I’ve been loving a few items. I usually wash and condition every other week. The process is done in four sections. I wear my hair in a protective style for one week then as a twist-out/bun for the next. I definitely will be experimenting with more styles this year! So here’s what’s hot with me!!
- Prepoo: Organic Coconut oil. Just applied to my strands a few hours before washing.
- Shampoo: Well I stopped using regular sulphate shampoo years ago, and I have been loving the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. My hair never feels dry with this product!
- Apple Cider Vinegar Mix: 1 part ACV to 3 parts water, to help smooth the hair shaft and to provide extra cleansing.
- Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner in Rosemary Peppermint: I get this one at Whole Foods. I usually protein condition 1 or 2 times a month and I always follow with a moisturizing conditioner.
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner: my moisturizing conditioner. I apply it in sections and leave it in for at least an hour, then I get to detangling with my fingers and my wide-toothed comb. After detangling, I then rinse it out.
- Kinky Curly Knot Today: Leave-in conditioner. I really, really like this product!! Lightweight, non-sticky and it keeps my hair supple. (Available at Body Beautiful on D’Avenue in Woodbrook).
- Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding: Creamy moisturizer. Smells like chocolate and I love it!
- Oyin Handmade Shine and Define: To help maintain the curl especially at the ends.
- Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade: Sealing in the moisture and slicking back my edges. This is the best smelling thing ever!!! I’ll never let this go!
- If my hair dries out while I’m twisting, I spray on a mix of water, aloe vera juice and vegetable glycerine.
- To help take out my twists or just to add extra shine, I use organic coconut oil or Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia or Oyin’s Juices and Berries.
What are you guys loving right now?? Any suggestions for products that I should try?