So let’s get right into this next look! A shiny, smoky black!! Black, silver and greys are also very popular on de road for Carnival.
Images courtesy of Spice Carnival.
Here’s the look!!!
- UDPP – applied with ring finger all over the lid to the brow bone (or any eye shadow primer)
- M.A.C. Greasepaint Stick in Zinc Zone – a shimmery deep grey emollient product, NYX Jumbo pencils work fine as well, all over the upper eyelid to the crease and to the lower lashline. Work quickly as this product sets quick!
- M.A.C. Cinderfella Mineralize Eye Shadow – a blackened silver/grey shimmery melange colour. Applied with 239 brush (flat shader) and sprayed with Fix+ all over the lid to the crease. This is a limited edition product but this effect can be achieved by applying a black shadow then stippling shimmery/glittery grey and silver shadows over.
- M.A.C. Hot Contrast Mineralize E/S (matte black side) – Using 226 brush (pointed blender), apply to outer corner of upper eyelid, thru the outer and mid crease to blend. Also winged out for a dramatic effect
- NARS Okinawa Trio eye shadow – silver side, use a 227 brush (fluffy, wide shader) to blend the silver shadow into the brow bone. Also apply some of this shade to inner corner of the eye to highlight
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer Ink – shimmer grey liner, applied to middle lower lashline with 266 brush (angled liner)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink – applied to the upper lashline and outer lower lashline. Also smudge some black matte shadow into the outer lower lashline to join the winged shadow on the upper lid
- Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx – shiny jet black liner – line the upper and lower waterlines
- L’Oreal Volume Collagene mascara in Noir – Apply to upper and lower lashes
- Ardell Demi Wispies false lashes in black
- BECCA Luminous Skin Colour Tinted Moisturiser SPF 25+ in Mink – all over applied with damped 131 brush (stippling)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush in #2 – deep raspberry – applied to cheeks with finger
- M.A.C. HK Beauty Powder Blush in Tippy – light, cool pink – applied with 131 brush
- Clear lipbalm/gloss
Of course you could add sequins, feathers or whatever else you want to the look. Maybe some eye-safe glitter to the lids.
Another song that I’m loving for Carnival – Dingolay from Denise ‘Saucy Wow’ Belfon – lovin’ de Swahili riddim!!!!! I wanna shake it like de Shango!!!
Related link: Lemme see yuh – Konata Alleyne!!