We are accustomed to seeing Beyonce with big, wavy, blonde hair, so I was glad to see her looking really elegant, featuring monochromatic makeup and an updo! The photos were shot by Patrick Demarchelier and were amazing! This was my favourite look!
So I decided to recreate the look.
She is wearing a double winged liner, accented with white. Her hair is a soft, slightly messy, high bun with swooped bangs. I had a twistout but you can certainly still get a similar effect on natural hair!
Here’s the look!
- Start off by applying an eye shadow primer all over the upper and lower lid. I used Ruby Kisses Eyeshadow Magic Primer.
- Then in the crease, I created a little definition using a matte reddish brown eye shadow, from the outer crease to the inner crease. I used MAC #217 brush (or any fluffy eye shadow brush). Make sure to blend well.
- To deepen the crease slightly, I used another medium, milk chocolate matte eye shadow, M.A.C. Handwritten and softly applied it in the outer crease using #217
- For the lid, I used a cream eye shadow that is close to my lid colour. Here I used M.A.C. Paint Pot in Quite Natural, a matte, grey-toned brown. Applied all over my lid up to the crease, using my finger.
- Then I added a setting powder to set the cream on the lid and also to give it that super matte look. I used Ruby Kisses HD Set n’ Forget Setting Powder applied with a fluffy brush, #224
- Lined upper and lower lashline using a black gel liner and a fine eyeliner brush. I made them both winged. I used Wet n Wild Mega Crème Eye Liner and Make Up For Ever brush in #N1. The lower lashline was lined part of the way.
- I used a very tiny synthetic brush and applied some white liner between the two wings. I used NYX’s Jumbo Pencil in Milk.
- I used Sleek Makeup be beautiful Blemish Balm in Dark all over my face using a sponge (Mehron Face Smoothie). Apply a setting powder to mattify the look.
- I did not apply blush, but if you do, used a neutral matte one close to your skin colour. Beyonce’s look doesn’t really have any shine to it.
- For the lips, I kept in nude and free of shine or shimmer. I lined my lips with a brown lip pencil, and I used M.A.C.’s Cremestick Liner in 80%, then added a matte beige lip cream (NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London and Ellis Faas Milky Lips in #L208.
Updo done on a twist out.
That’s it!! And I am already loving the promo pictures from Beyonce’s campaign with H&M for this summer!!!