Have you ever been moved by nature? Inspired by the beauty of warm weather? Well…that happened to me recently. I love when the calendar changes to spring and the temperatures start to rise. NYC does a great job beautifying the neigbourhoods, replanting trees and grass and planting vividly coloured flowers in hundreds of varieties in the parks. So one day while at lunch, I was awestruck at the gorgeous, bright-coloured varietals of tulips that were dotting the park. They were so stunning! I love tulips and I had never seen many of the different types of tulips. Some were monochromatic, some contained two colours, some were variegated and there were even some that had heavily ruffled petals! Nature is an amazing source for colour inspiration and combinations! It really inspired me to do a spring makeup on my dark skin.
Here is some of what I saw…
Nature is an amazing source for colour inspiration and combinations! Click To Tweet
I was inspired by the colour of this particular flower that was pink and orange.
Also, while at The Makeup Show (you should check out my blog post on that here), I saw a gorgeous pink eye kohl pencil from Black Up Cosmetics and this was ideal for the look! Waterproof in a pretty warm reddish pink colour. I created a simple spring/summer appropriate look. Great with a cute summer dress. Clean, natural skin, bright, but not too bright eyes, and nude lips. I also used two other new products that I was testing out, the new BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush and a newly discovered black woman owned lip colour line, that’s vegan called The Lip Bar. I will be doing a separate review on them at a later date.
Here’s how it came out!
And guess what? I even made a video tutorial!
The Spring Makeup Look on Dark Skin – The List
- Ardency Inn Americana Ultra Lightweight Skin Perfecting Primer Silicone Free
- NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Benares/Dark 3
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Dark Brown
- M.A.C Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Brown Ebony
- M.A.C. Prep & Prime 24-hour Extend Eye Base
- Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pigment in Titian (use any orange or reddish brown/bronze cream shadow)
- NARS Eye Shadow Duo in Mediteranee
- Melt Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Unseen (crease) and Blurr (brow bone highlight)
- Colour Pop Super Shock Eye Shadow in Bandit (crease)
- Surratt Beauty Auto-Graphique Eyeliner in Chat Noir
- Black Up Cosmetics Le Khôl Smoky Waterproof Eye Pencil in KS06.
- M.A.C. Cosmetics Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
- Tarte Cosmetics tarteist Lash Paint mascara
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara in 10 Noir
- Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes
- Lock-on Lash Super Bonding Latex-Free Adhesive in Invisible
- Sigma Beauty Precision Tapered brush in P86 *this is an affiliate link
- Sigma Beauty Eye Blending brush in E25 (similar to MAC #217)*this is an affiliate linkCozzette Blending Brush in S175
- Crown Brush IB106 Angle Brush
- BECCA Beach Tint Water Resistant Colour for Cheeks and Lips In Guava
- BECCA Luminous Blush in Snapdragon
How you all enjoyed! Let me know what you think in the comments below. What in nature inspires you?
If you liked this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter, to get more tutorials and beauty news! Don’t miss out! Click here —-> SIGN ME UP!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]