I was introduced to Ruby Kisses when I attended the Blogger Preview for The Makeup Show earlier this year. This is a fairly new brand that is sold in beauty supply stores and is an inexpensive brand. I received a few of their products and I have been testing them out ever since.
The first product that I was eager to try out was their Big Lash Mascara.
This is a large mascara, in terms of size. It reminds me of DiorShow Blackout. I have this in the colour Very Black, which is their darkest shade. The tube contains 8ml (0.27 fl oz.).
So the things I liked about this mascara:
- The intensity of the pigment – this is really black! It’s not the blackest product that I have tried but it’s definitely dark.
- No flaking – I have worn this all day and worked out in it, and I have not experienced flaking on my cheeks
- Kept my lashes soft – so no hard crunchy lashes!
- Price – this is sold for $3.99 so that is a steal of a deal! A lot of product for the money
What I did not like about this:
- The brush – This brush is large, which is not the issue because I loved Blackout. The brush has the typical shape and is very dense and I think this is where I had the issue. The brush is too dense and I had trouble combing the brush through my lashes so I was not able to get enough product on my lashes.
- Availability – I have not found an online retailer and it is not sold on the Ruby Kisses website as yet, so you have to look for it in beauty supply stores.
Here is what it looked like:
Good volume but not great. I got decent volume but not the big, sexy voluminous lashes that was promised. This is an everyday day mascara for me, good definition but not too much drama. Good but not great.