School’s over, and summer hours at work have begun. You get the itch to take ah l’il vacation. Here are a few items that I packed in my summer vacation beauty kit!
- Unii palette with refills – I got this super cute, hard case palette at the makeup show (gifted) and I really like it to place some of my favourite colours to give me a quick daytime or nighttime dinner look. This palette can hold lots of refill pans including Make Up For Ever, M.A.C. and Inglot. Just toss in in your bag and you don’t have to worry about your eyeshadows breaking or having to cart a whole bunch of them!
- BECCA Luminous Skin Colour Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 25 – Some kind of sun protection is a must, especially at this time of year. This one is lightweight with a very sheer, glowy finish. You could also use a beauty balm, which has more benefits, or whatever you have.
- TiZO Mineral Sunblock in SPF 35 – I also got this gifted and I am currently testing it out. For those who want sun protection but are allergic to many of the chemical sun blocks. I plan to use this one on my body as well.
- Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes – – Once the humidity and the temperatures rise, we all love to switch to waterproof makeup, and you need a waterproof makeup remover, which can tackle even the toughest long-lasting mascara. This formula is creamy and does not burn. I also like using this one to remove all traces of red lipstick.
- Speaking of waterproof makeup, Make Up For Ever just released their new Aqua Shadow Waterproof Eye Shadow Pencils – Really good as a base for the rest of your eye shadows or on their own. Easy, instant shimmer! If you like to keep it simple, this may be all you need.
- Urban Decay eye shadow in Mushroom – a silvery taupe, that’s butter smooth and gives an amazing smoky eye. Use this with some black eye liner.
- Coral makeup – Allyuh know that I love coral makeup, and tangerine tango is the Pantone colour of the year. Here I selected 3 coral items that work on any skintone. Don’t be afraid of a little colour! And they work amazingly well with bronzy colours:
- M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Firecracker, M.A.C. Casual Colour for Lips and Cheeks in Out for Fun (M.A.C.’s answer to Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge) and NARS blush in Taj Mahal.
- YSL Faux Cils Shocking – this does not really smudge on me, and I must have mega lashes.
- M.A.C Brow Set in Show Off– I love lightening my brows in warmer weather and this one has a reddish-brown pearl to it.
- Lipstick – one bright, M.A.C. Ruby Woo or one nude, Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Truffle (my go-to nude at the moment). Do it bold or laid back!
What are some of your summer faves?
So your girl decided to take a trip to the land of the Ottomans, Turkey!! I’m super excited!!! Has anyone been? I hope to find some interesting goodies! Stay tuned !