Remember when I said in The Makeup Show NYC recap, that there were a lot of new products coming out soon? Well this was one of them! Ardency Inn MODSTER BIG mascara is here!
Ardency Inn MODSTER BIG mascara. Made with hemp protein, strengthens while it volumizes.
ARDENCY INN is launching a revolutionary new mascara just in time for summer! MODSTER BIG, formulated with hemp protein to instantly add major volume while enabling keratin creation, which strengthens lashes from within and gives them enhanced body and resilience over time.
THE TECHNICAL DETAILS
Glyco proteins also form a smooth and flexible coating for noticeably longer lashes. The wax-based formula ensures an easy-glide, clump-free application and long wear that won’t harden or flake. Naturally, MODSTER BIG is formulated without parabens, gluten, sulfates or phthalates.
MODSTER BIG innovative brush is the first ever mascara wand to feature two different kinds of fibers intermixed to simultaneously deposit, separate, lift and curl. Inspired by the iconic hairbrushes intermixing different kinds of fibers that are recognized by hair stylists as the most effective tool to detangle effortlessly and evenly distribute product, the MODSTER BIG brush is created with patented “boar-like” soft fibers that gently deposit the right amount of product onto lashes, while firmer nylon bristles with micro-tapered ends separate them evenly. The slightly curved brush shape is designed to better grip the lashes for amplified lift and curl.
Look at that matte lip pencil! It’s the NARS 413 BLKR limited edition palette. Details below.
NARS Cosmetics introduces the limited edition 413 BLKR Cheek & Lip Palette –the latest addition to the exclusive NARS 413 BLKR Collection. Paint the town pink with a glowing gradient of sheer, blendable blushes and iconic Laguna Bronzer paired with the essential fuchsia 413 BLKR Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. Go block by color block or master a full-spectrum touch-up in a New York minute.
Named for the brand’s first flagship address in New York City’s West Village neighborhood, Founder and Creative Director François Nars draws inspiration from the fast-paced city when creating the 413 BLKR Collection.
NARS 413 BLKR – THE DETAILS
Featuring 3 limited edition blush shades, Laguna Bronzing Powder and 413 BLKR Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – $59
Available June 1, 2016 exclusively at NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com
Check out their other Summer 2016 collections here and here.
Another year, another amazing event! The Makeup Show NYC just ended a few weeks ago and what an event it was! I love going to this! This pro-only trade show is an amazing opportunity to meet other professionals in the makeup artistry industry as well as many of the brands that have been supporting professional artists for years. There are a number of things that I loved about this event this year:
Things I loved
- The amazing educational classes – this is a wealth of information and it was a great event to learn about the current and upcoming trends – not just what is popular on YouTube, but what artist are doing in editorial, bridal and SFX.
- The focus on skincare – Skin is in! Without an amazing canvas/base, you won’t have an amazing finished product! Makeup does not cover everything.
- New and exciting product innovation and launches – Folks out there are really doing some incredible things with makeup and tools! The next few months will be super exciting, especially when it comes to mascaras…so many to try from Ardency Inn, tarte, Senna, Charlotte Tilbury etc! Just wait to see what MUFE has coming this summer!
- Embracing smaller brands – this is cool…there were a number of small entrepreneurial companies featured at TMS, who are doing their own thing to shake up the industry, proving that you don’t have to be a global conglomerate to make a difference, which leads me to my last point…
- The acknowledgement of the need or the necessity of the industry to fully embrace diversity – It is 2016 and many makeup artists still don’t carry around a kit catering to global skin tones and many companies still find it difficult to create properly balanced foundations for people of colour. Thanks to James Vincent, director of Artistry, for leading an amazing panel. Also thanks to the organizers of TMS for bringing on so many, lesser known brands founded by people of colour! I was especially excited seeing The Lip Bar. More on them in a later post!
Anyway, here are some photos of the artistry, the colour and the beauty of makeup. As usual, the body painting was phenomenal! Let me know what you think! I will be talking, in future posts, about some of the new goodies that I discovered while there…..get hyped!
Body painting by Graftobian Makeup! How stunning!
Gorgeous POC friendly powders from Danessa Myricks Beauty
The new Water Blend Face & Body Foundation from Make Up For Ever. It’s 80% water. Debuting in June 2016.
The so adorable makeup artist Esteban at the Kevyn Aucoin booth!
Black women owned lipstick brand! and it’s vegan! #TheLipBar
James Vincent leading a diverse panel on diversity in artistry
Mick Rock, iconic photographer, responsible for helping shape the image of rock
See more more pictures below…let me know what you think!
Two new collections from Zoya for Summer 2016. Colour and texture. And lipsticks too!
SEASHELLS: NEW Fresh from the shore…
Six sparkling, textured Zoya PixieDust colors.
- Levi – Beige gold textured PixieDust with medium holographic hexes. Designed to update a classic neutral pixie with a little more glam.
- Linds – Cherry red textured PixieDust with red and fuchsia glitter to mimic the look of maraschino cherries dipped in sugar.
- Zooey – Classic pink textured PixieDust laced with a fine thread of gold and medium sized holographic hexes for an added layer of dimension.
- Cece – Full impact green, textured PixieDust with a thin vein of gold creating a fizzy lemon-lime effect.
- Bay – Sky blue textured PixieDust with fine silver and gold glitter creating a dreamy effect. Reminiscent of cloud gazing on warm summer days!
- Tilly – Starry grey textured PixieDust with a small holographic glitter interwoven with a darker gunmetal. Perfect for hot nights out on the town!
NEW ZOYA LIPSTICK! – Mellie
Seashells 3Quad Gift Set
SEASHELLS 3QUAD GIFT SET:
Cute sand dollar graphic window box gift box set includes 0.25 oz. sizes of Zoya PixieDust in Levi, Linds and Tilly with a full size lipstick in Mellie.
Seashells Fun Size Sampler
SEASHELLS FUN SIZE SAMPLER
Four select 0.25 nail polish colors in a custom designed window box. Set includes Zoya Bay, Tilly, Zooey and Levi.
SUNSETS: NEW Captured from the sky…
Six stunning Zoya Nail Polish one-coat creams.