My last makeup look for the summer! Browsing through Instagram and the first makeup artist that I ever started paying attention to, Sam Fine, posted this look that he had done on Queen Latifah.
Sam Fine’s book was the first one that I bought years ago, even before I bought Kevyn Aucoin’s book. Who is this black guy doing beautiful makeup? Sam has been working with Queen Latifah for years, on numerous campaigns and photoshoots and I just love the Queen. A true, true pioneer in the rap game and I love that she can go hard in the ring with any dude and in the next step, be very feminine.
Anyway, Sam posted this photo of the Queen that was shot by Annie Liebowitz and I was in love! Super bronzed and sunkissed. In this video tutorial, I will show you how I achieved this look, that is really just about the skin and giving it that glow. This would be great all year round even when it is cold. As a dark skinned woman, colder weather leaves me looking dull and ashy. So some extra glow is no problem for me. If you have oilier skin, you can tone down the amount of glow by putting it in select places, like the top of the cheekbones.
So here is the look and the tutorial that will take you from summer right through to the end of the year!
Bronze SkinTutorial Details + VIDEO
- ColourPop Brow Pencils in Black N’ Brown & Banging’ Brunette
- MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Brown Ebony
- Gleam by Melanie Mills Body Radiance in Deep Gold
- NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Benares Dark 3
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Constructivist
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Shadow in Wine + MAC #239 brush
- MAC Satin Eye Shadow in Wedge + MAC #217 brush
- Makeup Geek Cosmetics in Cocoa Bear + Cozzette blending brush #S175
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil in ME-42
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion
- NARS Eye Paint in Black Valley + MAC #263 brush
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette in Dim Light and Radiant Light + MAC #131 brush
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara in Noir
- Ardency Inn Americana Natural Lip Colour in Kenmare
- Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Deep Nude
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick in New York Groove
That’s the look!
If you like this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated haircare/skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!
Related Posts: Spring/Summer Look on Dark Skin