Here’s a look that I recently did for a night out. This is a good way to get a pop of colour on your lids if you are afraid to do so.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- M.A.C. Brushed Metal X Cream Shadow in Guilded Ash
- NARS Eye shadow duo in Jolie Poupee
- M.A.C. Pigment in Sweet Sienna
- M.A.C. Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline
- Givenchy Magic Kajal in #1
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Very Black
- M.A.C. Brow Finisher in Clear
- M.A.C. brushes in # 217, 219, 224, 239
- Apply a pea sized amount of Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over each eyelid up to the browbone, using your ring finger or a stiff brush.
- Taking the NARS Jolie Poupee and using the shimmery purple colour, use a firm, fluffy brush like M.A.C.’s 217 and apply to the center of the lid, above the iris, from lashline to crease. Blend the edges using soft, circular motions.
- Taking M.A.C. Gilded Ash, using ring finger, apply a small amount to either side of the NARS colour, i.e. to the inner eyelid and the outer eyelid and blend this colour out above the crease.
- Taking M.A.C. Sweet Sienna and # 239, apply over the Guilded Ash in a soft, patting motion and blend into the crease and the purple shadow so there are no harsh lines.
- Take a soft brush like M.A.C.’s 224 and apply Sweet Sienna below the browbone and blend into the crease. This is the highlight colour.
- Apply M.A.C. Feline to the upper lashline
- Apply same three colours to the lower lid – Sweet Sienna to inner lower lid, Jolie Poupee to the mid lower lid and Guilded Ash to the outer lid and blend them well.
- Apply Givenchy Magic Kajal to the lower waterline and use ring finger or M.A.C. 219 to smudge a little.
- Apply 2 coats of Mascara to upper and lower lashes.
- Apply Brow Finisher to eyebrows to keep them in place.
Dupes and Substitutions:
The shimmer side of Jolie Poupee is a beautiful bright purple colour with red undertones. Any bright colour could be used in its place. Other purples to try would be Make Up For Ever’s # 92, M.A.C.’s Parfait Amour or Vibrant Grape.
Any gray colour could be used in place of the Guilded Ash and Sweet Sienna, such as, M.A.C. Mothbrown, gray side of M.A.C.’s MES* in Earthly Riches or melange side of MES Polar Opposite.
*MES – Mineralized Eye Shadow