Have you folks been watching “How To Get Away With Murder” starring Viola Davis? It’s another creation of Shonda Rhimes! At least in the US, Thursdays have officially become “Shonda Thursdays”. I feel sorry for the other networks. Shondaland has taken over!
Anyway, I loved the makeup that was done on Viola Davis’ character, Professor Annalise Keating. I loved that fact that they did not play it too safe, it was rather smokey, for a middle aged woman working as a professor and a practicing lawyer. I think sometimes society sets way too many rules based on arbitrariness. If you like it, wear it!
I was inspired by the look, which was basically a smokey eye with a pop of gold/copper in the centre of the lid. I did a more toned down version, a light brown smokey eye with a pop of gold in the centre.
Here’s the main products that I used:
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia – a gorgeous very shimmery light gold on the centre of the lid.
- MAC Matte2 eyeshadow in Signed, Sealed – a dark matte dark chocolate in the crease and outer eye lid.
- Senna Cosmetics Glow Eye Color in Cordovan – described as a ‘bronzed wine’ to the inner and outer upper lid.
- NARS Eye Paint in Black Valley – matte black gel liner, no wing (shock!)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black – black mascara
- Just some facial oil and Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentre on my skin.
What do you think of the show??