I was so excited when I saw the sneak peek of this new line on Instagram! (Btw, are you following me?) I loved the amber/maroon/burnished gold packaging. I have been using the same shampoo bars for the last year and a half and I was ready for something new. The newest member of the SheaMoisture Collection is The Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Collection.
From PR:The Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Collection is part of SheaMoisture Community Commerce program, which seeks to fight poverty and better the lives of women globally. Ten percent of Community Commerce sales go to women-led businesses, to support communities that supply ingredients for SheaMoisture’s products, or support The Sofi Tucker Foundation, a non-profit established by the brand. Each product in the collection contains certified organic Shea Butter ethically sourced from women’s co-ops in Northern Ghana, Honey, Mafura and Baobab Oils, and African Rock Fig.
The collection contains both a hair care line and body care line.
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo– This sulfate-free shampoo cleanses, while infusing hair with intense moisture and shine-enhancing nutrients. Softens and revitalizes hair, while protecting from environmental influences. SRP: $10.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner– A rinse-out conditioner instantly softens and detangles, while infusing hair with intense moisture and shine-enhancing nutrients. Leaves hair soft, shiny and more manageable. SRP: $10.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Complex– This potent treatment absorbs quickly to encourage a healthy scalp and lustrous, beautiful hair. Improves hair’s elasticity and promotes healthy growth. SRP: $10.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque– An intensive, deep treatment conditioning masque that infuses hair with a powerful dose of moisture and nutrients. Smoothes and fortifies follicles for stronger, healthier, frizz-free hair. SRP: $12.99.
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Body Wash– An all-purpose body wash that gently cleanses, while moisturizing dry, rough skin. Provides a creamy lather and leaves skin soft and radiant. Can also be used to create a luxurious spa bath. SRP: $9.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hand Cream– Rich in vitamins, this hand cream deeply moisturizes and provides immediate relief to dry, rough skin. Apply to hands and cuticles as needed. SRP: $5.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Body Butter– This comforting body butter delivers long-lasting hydration, while rejuvenating dry, rough skin. Massage into rough, dry elbows, cuticles, knees and heels. Gently enough to apply to dry lips. SRP: $11.99;
- Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Body Scrub– An invigorating scrub that gently exfoliates and nourishes with a rich blend of certified organic Shea Butter Honey, Mafura and Baobab to boost skin’s hydration. African Rock Fig helps smooth and restore softness. SRP: $10.99;
I picked up the Hydration Shampoo and the Intensive Hydration Masque from my local Target.
There is a distinct scent of honey that is not too overpowering. I actually love it. I was not thrilled at the last collection, the Manoi and Noni line, but this one is pretty.
Both products lived up the SheaMoisture standard and were quality items, but I loved the shampoo more than the masque.
The shampoo had a thick, creamy, pearlescent consistency. I gave a medium lather. Not copious amounts, but more than your typical no-poo cleansers. So it definitely satisfies if you crave lather. It was also was very moisturizing and my hair felt hydrated and soft, during and after cleansing. I was also able to lightly finger detangle my hair and my scalp was left clean. It easily handled the product buildup, and I was able to remove the waxy pomades from my hair. This is a win for me.
After shampooing, I used the Intensive Hydration Masque as a treatment.
I did not use with heat, but I sat with a plastic cap for about half an hour. Again there was the soft smell of honey. This product was off-white in colour and actually not the thickest in consistency. My holy grail detangler, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Intense Hydration Conditioner, has more slip and it thicker. After rinsing, my hair felt soft, but it was not buttery soft. Also I tried to detangle my hair while gently rinsing out and there was not enough slip. I then used my HSR conditioner to detangle. This was a good product as a pre-treatment, but I would have liked it to be more moisturizing. It still worked quite well though.
I would recommend these products. They are worth checking out. I think they are exclusive the Target stores and online in the US. I need to check out the body care items!
Overall Grade (Hydration Shampoo): A
Overall Grade (Intensive Hydration Masque): B+