So the movie Sparkle debuted in the US a few weeks ago and it stars American Idol winner Jordin Sparks. I never really watched the show, but I think she has a good voice and lately she has been everywhere with her new svelte, healthy body! This is also the last movie done by one of the greatest voices of our time, Ms. Whitney Houston! I still in ah lil shock!
Anyway, so I saw this poster where Jordin Sparks appeared in an ad campaign for the clothing store bebe as a promo for Sparkle.
It was glamorous, without being over the top. It was actually similar to a look that I did on Jannelle here, but with updated technique. This would be a good Labour Day/Carnival look, and it’s actually really simple. A gold glitter. And I used a new method of applying lashes that I picked up at The Makeup Show from artist Johnny LaVoy! I even included a foundation (!), which I never wear, but I was intrigued when I purchased it at the Mehron booth at IMATS NYC earlier this year.
Here’s the look!
And here are the details!
I did the eyes first as I was using glitter.
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre – moisturizer and light primer all over the skin
- M.A.C. Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe – to define the eyebrows
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base – all over the eyelid as a primer
- M.A.C. Paint Pot in Indianwood – a bronzy, golden base to add pop to the look, applied nthe
- M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Handwritten – a medium, matte brown to define the crease, applied with the Royal & Langnickel Revolution brush in Bx-85, a small, fluffy angled eye shadow brush
- M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Signed, Sealed – a dark matte brown to deepen the crease, using the Bx-75 brush, a small, fluffy, rounded eye shadow brush
- M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Fig. 1 – a darkened plum, just above the Handwritten to add a little colour, using Bx-85
- Make Up For Ever Metal Powder in #2 Maize Gold – a metallic, darkened sunflower gold, all over the eye lid up to the crease, using Bx-75
- Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base – applied over the Maize Gold, using a cotton swab, to help the glitter adhere
- Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Beach Baby #2 Solid – a midtone gold applied with a cotton swab or synthetic brush all over the lid
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel Matte in #77 – super black on upper and lower lashline
- Maybelline The Mega Plush Volume Express in Blackest Black – upper and lower lashes
- Ardell Lashes in Demi Wispies – actually applied the lash glue to the lashline first then laid the lashes on top. A little messy but I was able to get the lashes on without having to worry about it not sticking properly. I will have to perfect this.
- Mehron Celebre HD Pro cream foundation in Dark 2 – applied with a damp sponge, I may have to get one shade darker, not sure, but applies like a dream! So smooth and weightless!
- Ruby Kisses HD Set n’ Forget Setting Powder – a banana colour, to set foundation
- M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Chestnut – warm brown lip pencil
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Primose (a soft rose) and Truffle (nude brown, my go-to lip colour for a nude lip!!)
What do you think? Have you guys seen the movie??