I was supposed to review this mascara a while ago, but better late than never, right?
According to MUFE, Smoky Lash contains an ultra-pigmented product that gives exceptional volume, length and curl for you smokiest lash. Upon opening the package, it contains your standard wand and brush (not too large), that is quite dense and is supposed to apply the product form the roots to tip, which adds volume and length.
What I liked:
- I love the ultra black pigment! I only go for the blackest black mascaras and this one lives up to its claim. It also dries to a matte finish, hence the smokiness.
- The volume and length that I got. It gave me nice, thick, long lashes. Very fringy. I think that the brush and the formula contributed to this. Application was easy and I was able to comb through my lashes. I got good drama with just one coat and even better with 2. I did not notice any significant curling of my lashes, but then again, my lashes are naturally curly so that I tend to ignore that aspect. I think that volume is its best feature, followed by length.
- It did not smudge or flake. I worked out with this mascara and I pleased that i did not have fallout on my cheeks or smudging on my eyelids. No raccoon eye here!
- It is now available in 4 additional colours. MUFE recently released more shades in this line. I have not tried them, but I definitely want to see how pigmented these are.
- Comes in a waterproof formula. I don’t use waterproof mascaras on a daily basis, because they tend to dry lashes out, but this is great for special situations, like performances, weddings etc. The WP formula also helps hold the shape of the lash.
What was so-so:
- This product dries out fairly quickly. I don’t think you can get three months out of this if you use it every day. It is definitely gives amazing results within the first month to 6 weeks, but then it can become too clumpy and crumbly.
- The price. This costs US$22, which makes it more expensive than you typical drugstore/stockist. It’s not the most expensive but this could make it out of reach for some.
I really liked this mascara, definitely one of the better mid-range mascara that I have tried. I got great smokiness for my dramatic eyes and I recommend this mascara to anyone looking for a really good mascara and they have a little cash to spare. I just wish it did not dry out so fast.
This product is available at Make Up For Ever boutiques, Sephora stores and online. For more information, check out the MUFE website.
[…] Mascara review: Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash (noiretropicalbeauty.com) Share this:PinterestFacebookTwitterEmailStumbleUponPrintTumblrDiggLinkedInRedditLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Filed under Makeup, Reviews and tagged Doll Lashes mascara, drugstore brand, Great Lash, high-end brand, Hypnose, Lancome, Lots of Lashes mascara, Macy's, Mascara, Maybelline, review, Sephora | Leave a comment […]
Great review. Thanks.