Top 5 Carnival makeup tips to remember before heading out on de road!
It is very easy to get caught up with all the activities surrounding the Carnival season, especially the week before Carnival. Various fetes, Panorama, costume distribution etc. You may not have put much thought into what you are wearing on your face for pretty mas on Carnival Tuesday. I have compiled 5 carnival makeup tips to remember that will make your life easier so you can spend your time having fun!
So, here are my tips. Check out the video below.
VIDEO: Top 5 Carnival makeup tips
- Wear waterproof/water-resistant, longwear makeup. It is often hot, humid and you are out all day. You don’t want to have to touch up your makeup too often, especially if you are on de Savannah stage! See my posts here, here and here on my favourite waterproof makeup products.
- At the very least, use a long wear setting spray, if you don’t want to buy an entire set of new makeup. And no…M.A.C. Fix+ is not a setting spray. I recommend using Skindinavia or Urban Decay.
- Wear minimal foundation. Use concealer to spot conceal specific areas. I recommend using a sheer to light coverage foundation.
- Must wear sunscreen. You should really be wearing this everyday anyway, but it is vital since you are going to be outside during the hours when the sun will be its hottest.Take you sunscreen with you and reapply at least every 2 hours.
- Drink plenty water! And use those wee-wee trucks! Stay hydrated.
Do you have any carnival makeup tips to share? Put them in the comments below…
Checkout out my latest Carnival makeup tutorial here.
If you liked this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated makeup, haircare & skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!
[…] EDIT: By the way, also check out my Carnival beauty & makeup tips! […]