Halloween. A holiday that I am not crazy about. But I love to see people dressing up in different costumes especially here in New York City, where one of the largest Halloween street parades happens in the Village.
A few weeks ago, I attended the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Fall 2017 launch called “The Season of the Witch”. This is an entire collection inspired by witches, wizardry and it’s very autumnal! The stand out Lip Tar from this collection is called ‘Hex’, a very plummy, reddish-purple with gold and silver microglitter. So pretty and it looks great on dark skin. The collection also contains 5 other Lip Tars, 6 Loose Colour Concentrates and 2 nail lacquers.
I really wanted to incorporate Hex into a look and decided that this would be great as inspiration for a Halloween look. This is my ‘not dressing up, but still wearing makeup’ Halloween makeup tutorial. Of course you wear this with your costume, to a party, trick-or-treating or anytime you are looking for a twist on a smoky eye.
Here’s the look I came up with.
Halloween Makeup Tutorial – Pics
And here’s the video tutorial
Halloween Makeup Tutorial – Video
All products mentioned are listed below.
Halloween Makeup Tutorial – Product Details
Brows & Eyes
- Glossier Boy Brow in Black
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in #05
- M.A.C. Prep + Prime 24HR Extend Eye Base
- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paintpot in Constructivist
- MUD Palette Knife
- M.A.C. Deep Purple Pigment (a blackened purple)
- Nurturing Force Seal The Deal Eyes Mixer Fixer
- M.A.C. Brush #242
- Melt Cosmetics Unseen Eyeshadow
- Sigma E25 Blending Eye Shadow Brush** (or Smith Cosmetics #230 or M.A.C. #217)
- M.A.C Matte2 Eyeshadow in Signed, Sealed (blackened brown matte)
- Cozzette Brush #S175
- Melt Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Blurr
- Wayne Goss Blending Brush #06
- M.A.C. Frost Eye Shadow in Parfait Amour
- Royal & Langnickel Brush #Bx-95 (pencil brush)
- NARS Cosmetics Eye Paint in Black Valley
- M.A.C. Brush #231 (eye liner)
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
- Urban Decay FreeLove Eye Shadow
- KISS Lashes in KPE14
- Danessa Myricks Lock-On Lash Super Bonding Latex Free Adhesive in Invisible
- M.A.C. Magenta Glitter (Lit Cosmetics also makes great options)
- Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base
- Melanie Mills Hollywood Gleam Body Radiance in Rose Gold
- MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in R530
- Makeup Drop The Original Silicone Makeup Applicator
- Senna Cosmetics Sheer Face Color in Moonberry
- Angled Blush Brush
- MUFE Pro Sculpting Duo #02 (highlighter side)
- NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush
Let me know what you are dressing as!
Other posts: Rihanna “Wild Things” makeup tutorial
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation – FULL Review
If you liked this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated makeup, haircare & skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!
FTC Disclosure: Products were purchased by me, Noire Tropical Beauty. All opinions expressed are 100% honest and my own. I have not been compensated for this review. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
The following links are affiliate links. If you sign up using these links, I will get a small percentage of a purchase and/or referral credit. These links provide discounts or cashback, when available. There is no requirement or obligation to use these links. If you need more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Join Honey – use this to find discounts on sites visited joinhoney.com/ref/qpwfsu
Ebates – use this to get cashback online or in-stores on select, qualifying purchases https://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EGx%2B1ltzid8P9uPThgCQxA%3D%3D&eeid=29041
**Sigma Makeup – For brushes! http://sigma-beauty.7eer.net/c/106291/146780/2835
[…] OCC Hex Lip Tar RTW […]