I think we are finally moving away from the ultra matte trend and we are stepping into softer, more luminescent looks. From magazines to the runways, on the cheekbones, the lids and even on the cupid’s bow, we are seeing the emphasis on sheen on these areas. This is what I love about makeup. Experimenting with colour and different textures. And you can change your mind whenever you want! So that’s what this look is going to be: glossy eyes!
This is one of the looks that inspired me.
I am also adding another trend, the monochromatic look. Typically I see it with lighter colours, but I wanted to show you that you can achieve this with pretty much any colour and in this look, I used a burgundy shade. This look will work on any skintone and you can wear this pretty much all year-round.
So…..the glossiness…..There are many products that can use to achieve this effect. The most popular option is using a lip gloss. I actually chose to use a blend of natural oils. There some companies coming out now with ‘eye gels’ or ‘eye glosses’, like NYX and M.A.C., specially made for this look. Regardless of what you use, keep in mind that any one of products will eventually break down the eye shadows on the lid and will lead to creasing.
Anyway, nuff talk. Here’s the look!
Video Tutorial: Glossy Eyes + Monochromatic Makeup on Dark Skin
The Details: Glossy Eyes + Monochromatic Makeup
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in R530
- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Brown Ebony
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Fill and Shape in 05
- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paintpot in Constructivist
- Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter Stack in Unseen and Enigma – w/Cozzette S175 Eye Blending Brush. Use Makeup Geek Cosmetics Pan Eyeshadow in Bitten
- Ardency Inn Modster Lash Enhancing Mascara
- Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Glide Super Charged Waterproof Eye Pencil
- M.A.C. Blush in Sweet As Cocoa
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Crème Highlighter in Opal
- M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Burgundy and Nightmoth
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo (sorry I said London in the vid)
- Natural Oil blend
Let me know what you think!
Check out my Best of 2016 for some of my favourite products that I used in this tutorial.
If you like this post, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter by clicking HERE! Get the latest curated makeup, haircare & skincare news and see what beauty products that I loving at the moment!
[…] Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter Stack – Blurr […]